The EQVEGAN project has been funded by the European Commission through the Sector Skills Alliance Programme (SSA) as part of the Key Action 2 projects. Sector Skills Alliances aim at tackling skills gaps, by identifying sector specific labour market needs and demand for new skills with regard to one or more occupational profiles, or by enhancing the responsiveness of initial and continuing VET systems, at any level, to sector–specific labour market needs.The food industry is changing due to several driving forces, based on the consumer changes toward plant-based diets, leading to an increased share of production by the vegan food industry, that to maintain competitiveness needs to master new processes and technologies…
WP1: Professional profiles and skills
- This WP will review professional profiles according to ESCO.
- The consortium will define the profiles after consultation of relevant stakeholders following a “multi-actor approach”.
- A Skills Portal will be developed to communicate with companies and professionals.
- The SP will include a stakeholders’ database, skills assessment tools, apprenticeships database and links to courses and certification developed in other work packages.
WP2: Design of innovative trainings
- Innovative trainings will be designed for, at least, the following occupations identified in ESCO: “Fruit, vegetable and related preserver” (EQF4), “Food Production Operator” (EQF 4), the “Food technician” (EQF 5), the Food Technologist/Engineer (EQF 6 and 7) and for training trainers.
- The trainings will be divided in modules plant-based processing, soft skills, digitalization and automation, and green skills. These will be designed based on learning outcomes according to ECVET and ECTS.
WP3: Work-based learning guidelines and promotion
- This work package will use the European Framework for Quality and Effective Apprenticeships (2018/C 153/01) to establish guidelines for apprenticeships and disseminate it to VET providers and companies.
- To promote apprenticeships at both national and international levels, a database will be built, that will be part of Skills Portal.
- Special focus will be given to international apprenticeships.